Rila RIla

Rila RIla

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day Rilakkuma

I know it's not Mother's Day anymore but I have a little something to blog about that is Rilakkuma and Mother's Day related. I think around April, San-X advertises flower basket deliveries with a Rilakkuma plush in the flower arrangement. And when I saw that, I remembered that San-X once released plushes for Mother's Day! It was way back in April 2008. My hubby got me this plush for Valentine's Day last year not knowing it was a Mother's Day themed plush, but either way, I love it!

San-X released a Rilakkuma and Korilakkuma version, and unfortunately not Kiiroitori, he sometimes gets left out :( Anyway, it comes in a clear box for displaying, and once out of the box, the flower/towel can be put into Rilakkuma's arms. The box tag says that this is a "Arigatou Nuigurumi" meaning "Thank You Plush" and I guess it is used to thank the hardworking mothers who receive this plush from their loved ones. ^_^ The right butt area has a red rose with the words "Thanks Day" embroidered in gold. It is so cute, I am sure the Korilakkuma version would be just as charming in person! According to the promotion picture, the flower bouquet can be unwrapped and turned into a towel and fake rose. I don't think I would ever unwrap it! It's too perfect the way it is now and I probably cannot wrap it back the way it was before. ^_^ Oh, and I am not low on little towels lol.
My clear box is super dusty... shame on me for not cleaning...



Rilakkuma holding the bouquet, his hands are sewn together


Rose on the butt


Rilakkuma embroidered on the towel 


The fake rose, very pretty :)


The paper tag reads "Arigatou Nuigurumi (Rilakkuma)" 


Official promo pic


2 comments:

  1. Wow that is just the cutest!! I love his design~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha @ the rose on his butt. Such an adorable concept, and I love how the bouquet folds out into a towel - wow!

    ReplyDelete