Rila RIla

Rila RIla

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Rilakkuma Birthday Cake Series #1 - Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream

I am going to be doing a birthday cake series this week featuring all the birthday cake themed plushes released by San-X so far for celebrating the anniversary of different Rilakkuma stores. As I have done my research in the past, I noticed that the plushes that celebrate store birthdays never include kiiroitori :( super sad face... But the rilakkuma and korilakkuma turn out to be very well designed for this birthday series. Versus before, they were either in hoodies, wearing aprons, or in a shopping bag. I am glad they decided to change up those designs to this confectious series.

To start off this series, I am going to introduce the first birthday cake released - the chocolate chip mint ice cream cones. It was released on september 8th to celebrate the first anniversary of the Sapporo Rilakkuma Store. I instantly fell in love with this series, probably because this mint color is quite stunning! Also, I don't think rilakkuma has ever been in this color before. Right away, I knew I had to have this series!

The pair are wearing a mint colored poncho that is removable (under the bow is a Velcro piece, so no need to untie the bow). The side has white and fuzzy trimmings that makes them look so cozy. On the mint poncho are little dots that represent the chocolate chip. The brown dots are stitched on. The back has "Happy 1st Birthday! Sapparo." in gold stitching. At the bottom of the poncho is a waffle cone print imitating the ice cream cone. My absolute favorite detail for this design has to be the mint leaves on top of their poncho. The veins on the leaves are stitched on in green. I think it's so cute, it makes the perfect topping to this dessert. As always, the tags are also well designed, it looks like ice cream cones ready to be eaten. It roughly says on there "Rilakkuma Store Limited Product Birthday Cake Plush (Sapporo Store 1. Year Anniversary)." Rilakkuma's waffle cone has a darker color than Korilakkuma's waffle cone on the paper tag.

That's all for now! I just love pointing out all the details in the designs :) there are so many and it's those little details that makes me want to buy all these plushes... Definitely makes me feel that they are worth it!

My daughter was disrupting the photo shoot lol... She kept ripping off the ponchos!












6 comments:

  1. They are so lovely - this design is definitely one of my favorites!! Seeing this design is what really sparked my interest in collecting these plushies! The details are just GORGEOUS!

    PS love the header & footer banners - so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I am so glad these cuties sparked your interest in collecting, because I love seeing other collectors' rilakkuma collection. I think the mint color is absolutely gorgeous indeed!

      Delete
  2. I think I just died when I saw the header and footer >.< I love it!! Super jealous that you have them all, it's my main goal right now but I've been distracted by the new releases! Glad your back and your daughter is well :) The details are amazing. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it took really long to shoot the banner, cause my daughter kept knocking them down! But it turned out really nice I think ^_^ The birthday series is worth collecting! But the other new releases are coming out so fast and so many!! I can't keep up argh... It took me about 2 years to collect the older series but eventually, I caught up now to only collect the new series. Hang in there! You can do it too!

      Delete
  3. Omg I love your header too~@ it's so adorable xD This series is probably one of my MOST favorite! Sadly I wasn't able to get Korilakkuma :( wish there are more people selling it online 'cause I would definitely go snatch a Korilakkuma for myself >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ^_^ I definitely think this series is a must-have! If you wait and check often enough, you might be able to find the korilakkuma! I used to check the auctions everyday if I really wanted a certain plush that is older. And eventually someone will be selling it. Good luck!

      Delete