Rila RIla

Rila RIla

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Rilakkuma Birthday Cake Series #4 - Jello Fruit Bowl

To celebrate the 4th Anniversary of the Tokyo Rilakkuma Store, San-X released these birthday cake plushes. At first look, I thought they were just cake with fruits on top, but upon further inspection, I believe that the theme is actually fruits on top of a bowl of colorful jello! (Based on the paper tags) I purchased this set because I liked the overall look and that I love the orange slices on their outfits, but I like it even more now because I like jello a lot >_< my favorite jello flavor is probably orange.

So for this outfit, both rilakkuma and korilakkuma are wearing puffy shorts and bows around their necks. The bows are made of a really nice material, unlike the previous series, which is just regular ribbons. The bows are really nice and thick, I think they make the outfit come together, without them, I think the neck area would be really empty. As for the puffy shorts, I think the pattern on them are really interesting, the base color fades from light blue to white, which kind of imitates the glass bowl that holds the jello. And then there are colorful squares to represent the jello ^_^ I really like the effect it gives off. The assorted fruits attached onto the shorts are quite nice, there are strawberries, slices of oranges, and melon balls/grapes? I think the green ball on rila a shorts is either a melon ball or grape but I am really not sure what te pink ball is on kori's shorts... Any ideas? My favorite thing is the little chocolate pieces sprinkled onto the fruits, some are circular and some have kuma ears! Aaah, so adorable! Lastly, I like the fruits next to their ears too, kumas gotta accessorize to look stylish!

I do find it kind of silly because they are wearing jello bowls hehehe >_<
















4 comments:

  1. Wow they're so amazingly cute~I can't wait till I own them >.< I love your collection...Do you have pictures of your whole collection on here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you >_< I don't actually have pictures of my whole collection :( I wish I did though! I am in the process of taking pictures of all of them but there are so many, it's taking a long time. It's safe to say that I have the majority of the older series and that I am a rilakkuma plush addict lol. But I am slowly trying to make a my collection page for my blog ^_^

      Delete
    2. Oo can't wait, I know your collection is going to be amazing!!

      Delete
  2. Oh whoa - I didn't even notice the little Rilakkuma chocolate pieces in there before, that's incredible! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete