Rila RIla

Rila RIla

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Rilakkuma Birthday Cake Series #3 - Strawberry and Chocolate Cake

Ta da! Introducing the Kichijoji 2nd Anniversary Plushes! Released on October 6th, they really are cakes this time, not ice cream or pudding or non-cake dessert. It was a little odd to me that San-X named this series "birthday cake" but the first two of the series were not cakes at all. Well, it looks to me, this cake is probably a chocolate and strawberry cake.

Rilakkuma and korilakkuma are wearing different outfits this time around. Rila is wearing a hat and shorts? i am not sure what to call them... a hood? puffy pants? Also, kori is wearing a poncho again. I think kori looks so adorable in ponchos, maybe even cuter than rila... But rila looks cool in the hat too! I am not sure if the hat is removable because the bow is sewn tight, so I didn't try to remove it. As for kori's poncho, of course removable. The design on those poncho/shorts/hat has the different colors showing the layers of the cake, with lots of strawberries in between. Quite tasty just thinking about it... A layer of chocolate cake and a layer of cream and a layer of strawberries, and repeat... Yum! Craving cake right about now~

Back to the design, I wish rila had a strawberry on his head like kori, because that would be delicious~














4 comments:

  1. I am lucky enough to own this one, it always makes me hungry look at them he he. Your pictures are beautiful and maps out at the details :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) glad you got these ones! This whole series makes me crave desserts when I look at them... It's cute and delicious >_<

      Delete
  2. Your photos are wonderful! I love getting to see the details up close! Aw, I wish Rilakkuma got his own strawberry on his head too haha

    Also not sure why they keep outfitting Rilakkuma in puffy shorts; I much prefer the poncho look lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big fan of the puffy shorts when comparing to the ponchos hehe... The kumas need to either be in bodysuits or be pantless!! Lol! But it's still cute. Thank you! I was starting to think I am the only one who likes looking at every single little detail on the plush ^_^

    ReplyDelete