Rila RIla

Rila RIla

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rilakkuma Birthday Cake Series #2 - Pudding

Look at these cute little puddings :) they were released on September 15 to celebrate the 4th anniversary of the Umeda Rilakkuma Store! They look exactly like the puddings.

Rilakkuma and korilakkuma are both wearing removable yellow/brown ponchos. Just like the mint ice cream plushes, they have the Velcro underneath the bows. The sides are also lined with white fuzzy trimmings, making them look extra cozy. As for the design of the poncho, I love the little pom poms at te bottom. I don't think they are part of the dessert, but they are fun little decorations for the poncho. (Edit: after looking closely at the tags again, i think the pom poms are suppose to be cream next to the cherry?) The back has the "Happy 4th Birthday! Umeda." in gold stitching. Lastly, the topping on rila and kori's heads are red and pink cherries. The paper tag is the shape of a pudding and the colors of the cherries on top correspond accordingly. I like that San-X always make rilakkuma and korilakkuma's tags a little different, even though it might be a very subtle difference. It makes each tag that much more special and unique.

This set of plushes was actually the most expensive out of all the birthday series because my seller does not live near Umeda and could not go to the physical store to get it. I had to go to yahoo auction for it. I ended up paying more for it because I thought it was quite limited and got it right after it was released. But turns out there were plenty of way cheaper "buy it now" auctions a few days later. Sometimes waiting could mean the price will go up, sometimes it goes down depending on the how limited the plushes are... It's all different for different plushes and I can never predict it >_< but usually I give in and buy them early... I am too obsessed with rilakkuma hahaha...

By the way, the Umeda store is actually the first ever Rilakkuma Store in Japan!










3 comments:

  1. They're so cute!! Aww that's to bad... I've done that before, buying when they first came out then like $20 bucks cheaper the next day >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, so much regret when there is a tight rilakkuma allowance that month! >_<

      Delete
  2. Awww! I love them and their matching ponchos and their different colored cherries! I'm hoping to get the Rilakkuma soon :)

    ReplyDelete